Saturday, December 1, 2012

Project of the Month - December 2012


I love earrings, big, small, dangly, sparkly; all of them - I love them. I have multiple piercings in my ears so I can wear more than 1 pair at a time and I really like to mix them up and have some fun. When we go on vacation my favourite souvenir is always a pair of earrings. Right now, my two favourite pairs of souvenir earrings are from San Antonio, Texas and Eumundi, Queensland, Australia. When I wear them I remember all the fun I had on the trips that I made there.

I had some peacock feathers from birds that my Uncle Wes had on his farm. I have been storing them and keeping them safe for years waiting for a blast of inspiration to hit me. I finally decided that I was going to try my hand at making earrings with them. Peacock feather earrings, even though they seem to be all over in the shops now, seem exotic to me and these ones will be special because of where the feathers came from.


I bought some beads and findings from a bead shop in Saskatoon, SK the last time we were there for a visit and got some tips from the girl that was working there as well.

I had enough feathers to make four pairs of earrings, one pair for me and the other pairs as Christmas gifts.

I asked my friend Emily from Prairie Dust to help me make some earrings with my collection of beads and feathers. She said yes and they ended up being more her project than mine - which was okay with me. I had tried a few times before asking her for help and had ZERO luck trying to make them on my own!

She made me four gorgeous pairs of earrings - here are some pictures of her beautiful work!


A close up of each pair







No comments:

Post a Comment