Friday, May 18, 2012

In Honour of my friend

Today, as I did last year on this day, I am thinking of my friend and her family.

It has now been five years since she passed away and since I can seem to write nothing without tears today, I will keep this post short.

Every year, since it's inception, I have made a personal donation to the Brandi Costar Memorial Endowment Award fund at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. It is one way of honouring my friend's memory and her mother's hard work in setting up the scholarship in her memory as Brandi's legacy.

I recently sent some wonderful things to The Hive in Medicine Hat for their Gallery Boutique. A percentage of the proceeds from the sale of these items, and all of Nana Brown's items sold at The Hive, will be donated to the Brandi Costar Memorial Endowment Award fund along with my regular contribution.

Here is a picture of all the goodies that I sent. Many of them are exclusive to The Hive.

Stop by and check out the shop if you are in the area.



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's really been five years Nicole. It seems like only yesterday that Brandi was with us at your wedding.

    What a lovely way to honor her memory though - she will definitely be smiling down at you :)

    You're in my thoughts,

    Julie XXX

    ReplyDelete